As you know Nepal is a land known particularly for its natural beauty and cultural heritage, the need to practice sustainable methods of travel is one of our organization's top priorities. We do work diligently to assure that future generations may be able to enjoy the scenic beauty of the Himalayan country without experiencing the negative impacts of human intervention. We at Gokyo Treks and Expedition Pvt Ltd, have many safeguards to assure all activities provide through our company are environmentally and ecological sensitive.
The team at Gokyo Treks & Expedition Pvt Ltd has a firm commitment to providing our clients with a safe and eco-friendly trekking tours experience in the Himalayas and surrounding regions. All Gokyo Treks & Expedition staff members are required to attend ACAP, TAAN, NTB & IPPG courses on sustainability and to practice the methods prescribed to keep the environmental impact of our clients/guides to an absolute minimum.
Here are some eco-friendly practices Gokyo Treks & Expedition engages in to assure that we do our part to keep our environmental impact to a minimum:
- We use only refillable bottles instead of using plastic bottles (and prefer our clients do the same).
- We use low-impact transportation such as walking, cycling, and public transportation whenever possible.
- We refrain from using extraneous paper products to reduce trekking refuse.
- We only buy local organic foods and produce instead of purchasing imported items
- We leave only footprints on the trail and always carry out what we carry in.
Apart from maintaining the highest in environmentally friendly standards, ten percent of the proceeds from all Gokyo Treks and Expedition are given directly back into our affiliate volunteer organizations (http://www.cdfn.org.np ). Being that so many of our clients have contributed and benefited from the volunteer programs in the Himalayan region, our organization makes sure that our affiliate volunteer organizations have the funds they require in order to continue to thrive.
If you are interested in donating your time to a volunteer organization in Nepal, please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have.